Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

hero 7 videos not showing up on computer when sd card plugged in

[ New ]

Hi i spent the day recording videos on my Hero 7 while skiinging. at the end of my run my battery died so when I turned the gopro back on the 7 said it was repairing some file. I got back to my room and tried to upload my videos onto my hard drive to save them. Well, my videos are on my gopro and I can play them and see them but when I open the sd file like I always do only half my videos are there. How do I get all my videos to upload? PLEASE HELP! TIA

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: hero 7 videos not showing up on computer when sd card plugged in

[ New ]

Hello @brittanyc818,

Would you know the resolution settings of the videos that do not upload? Are you able to view them using media players other than Quik for desktop? See if the videos are using HEVC through this article

If this is not the case, please let us know so we van help further. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @brittanyc818,

Would you know the resolution settings of the videos that do not upload? Are you able to view them using media players other than Quik for desktop? See if the videos are using HEVC through this article

If this is not the case, please let us know so we van help further. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

[ New ]
I recorded all videos with the same resolution of 1440 using a SanDisk sd card recommended by gopro. Only half of the videos show up on the disk when I try to use the gopro app or just open the folder on my laptop. But all videos play when I playback on the gopro itself.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @brittanyc63507,

Please try to us an SD card adapter.

Check the SD card and the folders. 

It might be on subfolder. 

Regards,

-Jay