Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

hero 7 videos are rotated

I'm having an issue with the go pro 7. used it on a recent trip and I have a series of clips where it recorded fine but then there will be one video where the video isrotated 90 degrees ( see photo below of screen grab) . in one instance, i had the go pro mounted on my backpack so it was consistenly in th same position and it rotated like this for a couple of videos.

my questions:

1. what causes this?
  2. whats the easiest way to fix it?
  3. I tried correcting in premiere, but ended up with 2160 x 2160 video insteade of a 4k

thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero 7 videos are rotated

@mrtolentino, that seems odd. Though your camera is already updated to the latest firmware version, reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Backpacker

[ Edited ]

hi,

hero 7 will keep the aspect that detects at the beginning of the filming.

DivX has a "view" rotate feature:

CJPG.JPG

In order to prevent this from happening, you can block the aspect using the menu:

Prefferences >> Touch display >> Landscape Lock >> up/down

in this case the hero 7 will keep the aspect landscape UP/DOWN, regardless the camera orientation.

hope this helps,

robert

Highlighted
Tourist

When I go to Prefferences >> Touch display >> Landscape Lock >> I get only option to "Off/ON" but not "up/down" or "Auto"... What do I need to do (Update) to get to "Up/Down" option?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @redsurf18142,

Please try to update your camera to the latest firmware.

Here's how: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same issue. Have the latest Firmware. I recorded 4 clips upside down with landscape in the off position. Screen shows right side up. When looking at playback on gopro, 2 clips are right side up and 2 are upside down. Nothing changed. same location
Highlighted
GoPro

@mrtolentino, that seems odd. Though your camera is already updated to the latest firmware version, reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat.