Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

hero 7 not connecting and overheating

I updated my iPhone to 14.0.1 and I cannot update the software on my hero 7, the camera disconnects it is now overheating 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: hero 7 not connecting and overheating

update - I connected the camera to my husband's phone (he is on ios 14). The update was successful however, the camera wont connect to my ios 14.0.1 

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero 7 not connecting and overheating

Hello, @estefaniakt. See if doing the following steps, in order, helps: 

1. Allow GoPro through the local network settings - > On iPhone go to Settings > GoPro > Enable Local Network (If enable, disable and re-enable) go back to GoPro App and try connecting again
  2. Reboot your iPhone - > Especially if you’ve just updated to the new iOS 14 it’s always a good idea to reboot your phone and try again
  3. Disable Mac address -> This is especially true if you see the “No internet connection” when trying to connect to your GoPro Camera - > Open Settings app > then go to “Wi-Fi” > Find your GoPro camera’s network > Tap the ‘I” button next to the network > Toggle the switch for “Private Address” to the Off position
  4. You can always Forget the Wi-Fi and try re-joining > To do this you may need to go into the back of your GoPro LCD and under “Camera Info” get your GoPro’s Wi-Fi password and manually enter it.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!