Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

hero 7 black noise issues

[ New ]

I'm having an issue when I record 1080p 240 FPS or 4k 60FPS I get alot of noise in the footage, even with the lights on in the house, it record perfectly at 2.7k 60FPS, Can this be a software issue, computer issue, or SD card issue?

I'm using a SANDISK extreme 64GB V30 U3, My laptop goes up to 3.2 GHZ, 32GB Ram, and has a GTX 980M 8GB Vram. and idea whats happening? I'm on pro tune as well Shutter is auto, EV comp 0, WB auto, ISO Min 400, ISO Max 1600, Low Sharpness, FLAT color. 

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: hero 7 black noise issues

[ New ]
It's most likely just the way your computer is reading HEVC files. I'll see this when editing but when I export the video the noise/blockyness is gone. If you want to use the files without editing, you might want to use Handbrake to convert them to h.264

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
It's most likely just the way your computer is reading HEVC files. I'll see this when editing but when I export the video the noise/blockyness is gone. If you want to use the files without editing, you might want to use Handbrake to convert them to h.264
Adventurer

[ New ]

@redbluff63418 wrote:

1080p 240 FPS or 4k 60FPS  2.7k 60FPS, pro tune as well Shutter is auto, EV comp 0, WB auto, ISO Min 400, ISO Max 1600, Low Sharpness, FLAT color. 

thanks  these are the settings that you are getting grain/noise in a  indoor shot..   IfI have some time and maybe Dan aswell  lets get some samples up, see if just if  in HD1080@240 is kicking protunes off. or another setting is kicking something off  that is what I am thinking out loud.

Adventurer

[ New ]

I am testing out your Theory @redbluff63418 and I  can say Protunes disables @120Fps and 240Fps.  I think GoPro  messed up. they are going to release Firmware this Dec 2018 but uncertain if this is going to get addressed?  No one seems to have pointed it out.  As @danielr15 wanted you to try Handbrake this seems more a Setting then  converting andwhy I  asked   for us to do some samples and post.    Here is what I found and I have no lights on a Morning shot  knowing I am pushing my gopro to its Max.

I like to bring this to a Moderator and Teams attention:  Possible that  one setting  doesnot work with another but when we  show HD1080 vs 2.7 120 to 120 one works the other does not. seems a function is canceling another. we do the testing they do the fixes, and that we will now have to wait for gopro to  say its an issue for sure.

So in the mean time if Low light shooting in 120f is important 2.7K is the   one to be in.

FISH

rendered to 1080P wmv format my way I do things, Original is less noisy  and what I actually see at my end when I say flicker that wasexactly what I saw. where I placed text.  IMHO. its a great daytime camera after that you have to play to  get great results.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We will submit this to our team to check.

Regards,

-Jay

Adventurer

[ New ]

Thank you. I  did what I  think Dan and the Op can also do. if you can  as well check out a camera and  test at your end  that would confirm  that something is being canceled out.   and I believe it will be the higher frame rate  and protunes  are fighting one another (wink)