Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

hero 7 black / karma drone info cluster date and time overlay is 49 years 5 months 13 days out!!

[ Edited ]

hero 7 black / karma drone info cluster date and time overlay is 49 years 5 months 13 days out!! The date and time on the camera are correct and the date of video in gopro quik is correct--how can i get the overlay time and date correct? Overlay time and date is correct using the karma handheld gimbal.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero 7 black / karma drone info cluster date and time overlay is 49 years 5 months 13 days out!!

Hello @graybluff06326. This is odd. Is this happening to all the videos using Karma? Did the camera have the correct date and time when the recording was done? Is the controller updated to the latest firmware. A screenshot of the display gauge cluster showing the incorrect time and date information will be helpful. Hope to hear back from you. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: hero 7 black / karma drone info cluster date and time overlay is 49 years 5 months 13 days out!!

[ Edited ]

I have only flown twice (once just now to test it again) both times the date stamp is 1969. This only happens on the drone videos-when i have used the gimbal the time stamp is correct.

Screenshot (3).png
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

camera ,drone ,gimbal and controller all claim to be up to date as well

Screenshot (5).png
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the update, @graybluff06326. This is indeed interesting. The date and time should be synchronized on both devices (camera and Karma Drone). I do have a few troubleshooting suggestions here that might help:

1. Ensure that all Karma devices are updated to the latest version v2.50.
    • Ensure that your Karma Controller is connected to a Wi-Fi Network. 

• Tap on the Home menu, then select About and choose Software. 

• It will tell you to install any update if available. Otherwise, it should give you the updated version number of the devices.

2. Ensure that your HERO7 Black camera is updated to the latest version v1.7
  3. Once everything is updated, perform a reset on your Karma Controller.
    • Tap on the Home menu, then select Preferences.
    • Scroll down to Reset and select "Defaults." Note: Do NOT select Restore. Doing so will delete flight logs, maps, resets all settings to the default values, deletes Wi-Fi connections and deregisters Karma from your GoPro account.
  4. Test out recording a video while camera is connected to the Karma Drone (no need to fly the Karma Drone in this case).

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.

Kind Regards,
Ann

Highlighted
Tourist

Everything is up to date and reset and it is still stick at 3.28 am in 1969, also I recorded in 16:9 and there is a red border at the bottom of the video that I dont think should be there.Screenshot (6).png

Screenshot (6).png
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @graybluff06326

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The best path forward is to reach out to our Support Team.

They are available by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej