05-20-2019 07:10 PM - edited 05-20-2019 07:14 PM
hero 7 black / karma drone info cluster date and time overlay is 49 years 5 months 13 days out!! The date and time on the camera are correct and the date of video in gopro quik is correct--how can i get the overlay time and date correct? Overlay time and date is correct using the karma handheld gimbal.
05-21-2019 09:06 AM
Hello @graybluff06326. This is odd. Is this happening to all the videos using Karma? Did the camera have the correct date and time when the recording was done? Is the controller updated to the latest firmware. A screenshot of the display gauge cluster showing the incorrect time and date information will be helpful. Hope to hear back from you.
05-21-2019 06:07 PM - edited 05-21-2019 06:11 PM
I have only flown twice (once just now to test it again) both times the date stamp is 1969. This only happens on the drone videos-when i have used the gimbal the time stamp is correct.
05-22-2019 11:50 AM
Thanks for the update, @graybluff06326. This is indeed interesting. The date and time should be synchronized on both devices (camera and Karma Drone). I do have a few troubleshooting suggestions here that might help:
- Ensure that all Karma devices are updated to the latest version v2.50.
Ensure that your Karma Controller is connected to a Wi-Fi Network.
Tap on the Home menu, then select About and choose Software.
It will tell you to install any update if available. Otherwise, it should give you the updated version number of the devices.
- Ensure that your HERO7 Black camera is updated to the latest version v1.7
- If the firmware is out of date, please install the update for the camera. Software Update Instructions for HERO7 Cameras
- Once everything is updated, perform a reset on your Karma Controller.
- Tap on the Home menu, then select Preferences.
- Scroll down to Reset and select "Defaults." Note: Do NOT select Restore. Doing so will delete flight logs, maps, resets all settings to the default values, deletes Wi-Fi connections and deregisters Karma from your GoPro account.
- Test out recording a video while camera is connected to the Karma Drone (no need to fly the Karma Drone in this case).
If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs.
05-23-2019 04:06 PM
Everything is up to date and reset and it is still stick at 3.28 am in 1969, also I recorded in 16:9 and there is a red border at the bottom of the video that I dont think should be there.
05-23-2019 04:12 PM