Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

hero 7 black external microphone

Just got Hero 7 Black and it is my first gopro.. how will I be able to plug in an external microphone while the camera is in it's case? thanks

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: hero 7 black external microphone

Hello @skipguitar5150

In addition to what Fishy has given, we have a list of recommended external microphones here

This article also discusses important  information on the using the Pro 3.5 mm Mic Adapter. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Adventurer

You will have to urchase what is called a promic 3.5mm miccadapter by GoPro it’s 50.00 for non plus members.
Tourist

Thanks for the reply. I have an Apogee USB MIC which has a usb connection not 3.5 mm. I don't see how that is going to plug in with the camera in the case? For my other mic that is 3.5 mm how would that plug in? In order to get the camera in the case,I have to close the door which covers the input--- I have to be missing something here. thanks for your help

Adventurer

Google the promic and you’ll see the accessory. YouTube a video. Also did you know the port door is removable. Some of this info is in a Manuel
Tourist

Thanks, I was able to remove it. After more research, it looks like my only option is to get the promic accessory. What 3.5mm microphones do you think I should take a look at? I only need one for field recording because in my music studio I can record direct audio into Logic and replace the gopro audio.  I would mostly be doing mobile recordings something like two guitars performing or one electric guitar thru Positive Grid Bias Amp software played thru an iphone into a battery powered amp. Thanks for the help with my new setup.

Adventurer

I have a rode video Micro and saramonic SR-XM1 a olympus D51s ( I believe) and a clone sony happy with all the saramonic is compact and well worth the  investment I look at some videos

GoPro

Hello @skipguitar5150

In addition to what Fishy has given, we have a list of recommended external microphones here

This article also discusses important  information on the using the Pro 3.5 mm Mic Adapter. 

I hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Marius

Adventurer

@ proof in the pudding