Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

hero 7 black battety issue

I bought hero 7 black yesterday expecting to live stream on my bike. So far, I haven't succeeded it. After a full charge, my battery drained horrendously fast. I did nothing but turning it on to pair with my GoPro app on my android phone . The power sales guy said that I could use it for 6 hours per charge.Obviously there is some issue with the battery. In addition, I couldn't pair up the phone app and camera after I had successfully updated the camera ' s firmware. It took me a day to figure it out. Surprise. Hope to have the issue resolved.Cheers. Tao G

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero 7 black battety issue

Hi @megashore35114,

Just to clarify were you able to pair the camera to your phone already?

If you still can't please reset your camera to factory settings and install firmware manually. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

Also just to set proper expectation HERO7 Won't last hours straight recording and live streaming videos. 

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @megashore35114,

Just to clarify were you able to pair the camera to your phone already?

If you still can't please reset your camera to factory settings and install firmware manually. 

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

Also just to set proper expectation HERO7 Won't last hours straight recording and live streaming videos. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Problem solved. So far, it rocks!  My students and viewers are surprised at the quality of my live streaming! I tell them that it’s GoPro. Sorry that I vented out the frustration in the first place without giving GoPro enough time to wake up and amaze immediately. I have never used any GoPro products before. Thanks to my friend, he bought your rival product and GoPro has started catching my attention. Keep it up, GoPro! Cheers, Tao

Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for sharing @megashore35114

We appreciate your feedback.

We're glad to hear that you got it all working!

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Regards!

Ej