Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

hero 7 black battery fluctuating

Hi

my 2 year old gopro hero 7 black which has been sparingly used has started giving me issues with the battery all of a sudden. the battery sometimes shows charge as 3% then if i turn it off and on it randomly shows between 40%-65%

the camera automatically turns off whenever the battery reaches around 70% and then doesnt turn on at all even after connecting to a charger

then keeping it plugged for a while and when i turn it on it shows as "no battery" and then if i restart it again randomly shows battery charge as 40%-60%

pls let me know whats the issue

is it with the camera or the battery?

thanks

manish

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: hero 7 black battery fluctuating

Hi @mashhsmashh00

See if you can run a manual update. Please follow the steps on https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero7-black

If you get NO BATT on the camera,  while it is plugged in press the Mode button for 10 seconds.

If the camera is able to record while plugged in without the battery, then the issue can be on the battery or the battery connectors.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Heads up! Our team is currently working through a volume of contacts, response time may be slightly longer than usual. We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi again and thanks for the reply

Latest update
Before I saw your message I just randomly put the battery in the camera after putting it on charge for about three hours but nothing happened. So I took the battery out and kept it aside for a couple of days and again put it in the camera yesterday the camera turned on and it showed 100% battery. So to check I kept it on for like half an hour or so and it automatically turned off at about 65% and did not come on again. Issue might be in the battery however I will go over the instructions you messaged thanks..!
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the update @mashhsmashh00

Feel free to post back and let us know how it goes with the steps suggested.

Regards,

Ej