Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: hero 7 black - battery cover

[ New ]

Please make sure you open and close it with the proper pressure I understand the door needs  to be  extended  then laid down correctly and slid closed to  be properly closed.

GoPro

[ New ]

You are on the right track, @fireygorge77373.  Please see below form more waterproofing tips: 

• Before taking the unit in the water you'll want to be sure to verify that there is no dirt or debris along the white rubber gasket that could compromise the integrity of the waterproof case.
  • To ensure that the camera is fully sealed, push the housing backdoor all the way in before securing the black latch on the top of the case.
  • If you are using the camera in salt water, it's always a good idea to safely remove the camera and wash the housing with fresh water.

Hope this helps!

Tourist

[ New ]
I definitely believe I’m opening and closely it properly, just the one side isn’t flush, the other side is perfect.
Tourist

[ New ]
I just exchanged it and it’s much better.
Adventurer

[ New ]

I hear ya,   it is funny how these cameras are sealed from  the factory and   the first open its broken.   when you  opened the box before opening it wassealedcorrectly,  so yeah I am sure you did things right 1000%  and got a new one today, was it better?

Tourist

[ New ]
I assume it was like that from the start, but is my first GoPro so wasn’t really paying attention to it. The new one seems real good, it’s not 100% perfect, but I would say it’s 99.9%. So I’m happy. I also picked up an El Grande, excited to use this on our cruise.
Tourist

[ New ]

Just got my hero7 blk delivered a few hours ago. My door is only a little bitt off and you can definately push it down with a little pressure. I just got off a chat with gopro support and after seeing my picture they said it was normal and what was important was the seal. also told me to contact them if it did leak.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

hero7blkdoor.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
I wanted to leave a comment that after my exchange, I said it was probably 99.9% perfect on the door, and I just got back from my cruise and had it in pools and oceans ALOT and had zero issues, no leaks, so I’m very happy with that.