Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: hero 7 black - battery cover

[ New ]

https://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/cameras/gopro-ceo-on-the-strategy-and-new-tech-he-hopes-c...

"GoPro has also looked to significantly push down its production cost by about $100 per unit for the top-of-the-range Hero7 Black, which retails in Australia for $599."

“It doesn’t mean that we make them any lower quality it just means that the engineering teams were challenged with finding a way to make the same level of performance at a lower cost so we can be profitable,” Mr Woodman said."

Explorer

[ New ]
@agilestoke40735
What's the point of that post? You forgot to put the part about not being in lower quality inn bold.
Nomad

[ New ]

@danielr15

What? Clearly the exterior of the Hero7 Black is much cheaper than the exterior of the Hero6.

But of course maybe only a few dimes saved. The rest must have been cut on other parts like the battery lid and QC.

Explorer

[ New ]
I disagree. I like the HERO7 Black exterior a lot more and don't feel that it's cheaper in the least. Battery lid and hinge are the same. If anything, they feel more sturdy. As far as QC, I can tell you by my own experience there are far fewer issues reported on the HERO7 Black than there has been on any GoPro before it.

So no, the exterior and does are not cheaper and QC seems up to par.

Still betting on the Short Position with your GoPro stocks? It's a tough market right now, good luck.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I just opened up my go pro hero 7 black and am having the same issue with the battery door not closing flush.  See pictures below.  Go Pro Support can you please let me know how I can resolve this.

GoPro7BatteryDoor1.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @brians04360

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Please try to open the door and check that the push tab is popped back up. If not, pop it up by pushing on the underside.
The door must be flat.

For reference, you may also check the video on this link.

If it's still the same, please refer to the same store/channel you purchased the camera from.

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Received my hero 7 black today from GoPro . Battery door is the same . Mismatched at hinged end . I will talking to support in the morning
Tourist

[ New ]
Just got the hero 7 black white edition. Battery door was not flush on the one side. I’m going on a cruise in a few days and planning for a lot of video in water. So I’m returning it to Best Buy and going to exchange it and see if the issue is the same, I can’t afford for it to get ruined from water on vacation.