Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: hero 7 black - battery cover

[ New ]
I've sent mine back yesterday, I hope it don't take too long till I get the new one.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I got my camera this week, and was wondering why it was harder to close the cover than on the Hero 6.
It seems like my cover isn't aligned with the rest of the body as well.
Before I use this camera in the water, I just wanted to check if I have to send it back or if it save to use under water.
Maybe someone here could give me an answer

Thanks

20181006_123217.jpg
Explorer

[ New ]
@yandue
That actually doesn't look too bad. The seal on the inside is what gives the waterproofing. However, my opinion actually means absolutely nothing, especially if the door does end up leaking (which I highly doubt). What you should do, is get GoPro's opinion, as it does count. Get on the GoPro Support Team Chat and ask to upload this image to them. They will either confirm that you are safe to use the camera or they will suggest an exchange (either at the store where you purchased it, or from GoPro if you got it from them). Either way, you will have a record of notifying them. If the camera does end up leaking, getting an exchange will be much easier as you will have backup showing that it wasn't because you failed to close the door properly.

Contact GoPro via chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

If you're not a GoPro Plus member, you need to contact them during business hours (listed). If you do have GoPro Plus (free to sign up) you get 24 hour support (totally worth it IMO).
Adventurer

[ New ]

When you got  the camera  how did the door look then?  

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is the way way it looked when I got it. I saw it the first time I inserted the battery

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @yandue

Let our Support Team take a look this battery door issue further.

We'll be happy ot provide you or recommendations.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Iv had the same issue and had to send it bk. I have a 6 as well and in comparison the build quality of 7 looks cheap esp the bottom side. No wonder it’s been sold at at cheaper price.
Nomad

[ New ]

No issue with this but I think front LCD plastic is really soft:

P_20181026_223425.jpgP_20181026_223531.jpgP_20181026_223513.jpg

P_20181026_223531.jpg