Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: hero 6 shuts down while recording

What I don't understand is in todays age, why do they have this camera with so many features and options, the big bad GP1 chip, and only limit it to small card sizes and limited card types? It is really a joke to have this hero6 black to be very limited with the amount of use you can get out of it. My hero 5 black runs with the same 256 gb cards, same battery, same power cord, and in the same location on the windshield of our work trucks and runs without a single issue at all, all day long with battery in and charging cable connected. Sounds like a firmware or hardware issue for sure, and unacceptable in my opinion. Nothing would make me happier and to keep me as a customer in the future than to have this hero6 black perform like it's predecessor. The sony FDR-X3000R that someone mentioned earlier on this forum, sure sounds good right now......

Highlighted
Tourist

Good point.  The 64K card would not likely get 4 hours of recording time.  I went out and got a (recommended) 128K V30 Sandisk card.  Pass or fail, I'll post the longer test result. 

I also miss the long run time and card versatility of the GoPro Hero 5.

Highlighted
Hiker

Something else I would like you to try if you do not mind. Charge battery to 100% or close. Unplug the charging cable from the hero6 black with sd card out of it. Let it sit overnight and turn it on and let me know what battery percentage it is at?
Highlighted
Hiker

You can set the recording mode for the sd card in a loop. I would prefer you test this way to maximize the run time. Please try to record 10 hours straight if possible and post your results, if you do not mind.
Highlighted
Hiker

I just ordered the recommended 128 gb card Lexar 1000x microSDXC UHS-3 128GB (LSDMI128CBNL1000R) on the list from gopro. This will put the issue to rest of card issues. As soon as this card is delivered, I will run it in a loop for 12 to 16 hours and we will see what happens.
Highlighted
Adventurer

I am watching the thread and read that if I use FW 1.60,  external power, no battery, Mode On  record with a (my card I chose) 128gb Samsung Evo select Plus  and run at Hd1080P@60fps I would not get over a few hours recording?  Is this Correct?

Main Post says FW 1.60 

Highlighted
Hiker

That is wrong. 128gb should get you 6.5 to 8 hours recording at those settings.
Highlighted
Hiker

That would be of course if the camera does not shut down like they seem to do randomly.