Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: hero 6 shuts down while recording

@redwave72846 wrote:
That would be of course if the camera does not shut down like they seem to do randomly.

I am showing that it is working .  And I am on FW 1.60.  A few here said that this is a firmware issue on 1.60, now it is a random thing? I am sure the card I am using is not on the recommended list, and I am helpful indeed. so do check back   and lets see what the Forum team has to say  about it?

1. No I have no reason to up/downgrade I used this firmware Day one of my purchase.

2. I have a sandisk extreme plus to a PNY elite card on the list and not on the list.

3 I am  simply runningthe test while the camera will over two hours shows. 125 degrees ferenheit.

4. gopro's operating tempeture was noted by gopro at 40 degrees -110 degrees and told 125 degrees the camera will  shut down?

While the test runs we'll see which wins  sdxc card filling (I am going for that) or camera randomally failing.    Maybe next time I'll put this in the car on that hot day with a powerbank only and see what happens then?

Highlighted
Hiker

Run your setup well into the 6 to 12 hour range and see what happens.. Put the sd card recording in a loop so that it does not shut down due to sd card full. post your results afterwards.
Highlighted
Hiker

Also do not put it in a hot car while charging, recording, with battery in. It will overheat. We run ours in the vehicles, but with defrost air conditioning vents blowing up to the camera and do not have overheat issues. It stays just barely above room temperature. I did overheat one on purpose to see what happens, and it does shut off quickly with no display warning at all on firmware 2.01.
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Yep I understand that.    FW 1.60 works. no issues reported  at all.   If now you're saying do a Loop test, do a car test do this test.  we can conclude after this test is over due to a full card no issues on fw 1.60 For me? (Smiles)

low and behold camera just stopped as I typed and editing it in. did not over heat just like you said FAILED,  so   it seems the camera  thinks it has a 64gb card in her while its a 64gb card, that is one thought for now...  on looping might as well continue the test.

Highlighted
Hiker

It is not a looping issue. I recommended you loop the card since you have a small sd card. I run 256gb and do not have to loop to run it 12+ hours. Running the loop on a small card will let the camera continue to run till it fails. Mine has failed anywhere from the 2 hour range and up in my memory serves me right. Please note I purchased a recommended 128 gb card from their list and will try it wed when it gets here and see what happens.
Highlighted
Adventurer

The camera and card has stopped    about 3 hrs plus in like a 64gb card in full record.   I  will at another time do the looping test. is this an issue I amsure it is to the ones that are looking to do those long time recordings.  I do not think gopro will get around to this  in a timely manner they got other small issues all these little issues do add up if asked.

Highlighted
Hiker

I agree. Also I don't see how anyone is doing long time lapse recording either with these issues. I am still hopeful a new firmware will fix everything, but I doubt it at this point in the game. I will post my results once their recommended card gets here, but I am willing to bet it does the same things.
Highlighted
Adventurer

this was only  video I wonder if photo is different and timelapse photo video is as well different.