Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

hero 6 shuts down while recording

Anyone else running gopro hero 6 black as dash cam experiencing issues with constant shutting down while recording, with battery in or out? I have duplicated this on 3 cameras now which seems to have started with firmware 1.60. I have hero 4 and hero 5 black running all day long with no issues at all. Please advise.

GoPro

Re: hero 6 shuts down while recording

Hi @redwave72846,

Have you given these steps a try?

https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

If you are using it as a dash cam it is best to leave the battery out. Are you getting any temperature warnings?

Best,

Ryan

Hiker

Ryan, everything has been done. I am highly experienced with gopros and there is a flaw in the gopro 6. I am sure it is firmware, but could be hardware. My gopro 5 hero works flawless for several years used this way. The hero 6 started doing these issues since update 1.60 unless it is a coincident. I ran it yesterday with the battery out and it ran for 4 hours and quit, then ran for 45 to a little over an hour each time after that,. Hero 5 works with battery in all day long 12 hours straight.

Hiker

Also, no temperature wanrings at all and it is not overheating.

Hiker

Also this is my third replacement and duplicated this each time with all three on firmware 1.60.

GoPro

@redwave72846 In that case it may be best to get in touch with our Support Team directly:

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Cheers,

Ryan

Hiker

I already have and they are basically reading from a text book to me about everything I should try and that I am not using the camera as intended and using it too long. LOL I want a replacement with firmware other than 1.60 to test, but not getting much luck or help at all.

Hiker

Many lies or misinformation from gopro tech support. Was told originally gopro hero 6 would not run without the battery in while recording, but it does all day long, 12 hours straight plugged in with no battery. Also I told gopro tech the issues I had started with firmware update 1.60, and was told there is nothing wrong with 1.60. I was told that the was not any way to roll back the firmware to a previous version, in which is another misinformation or lie. I found firmware version 1.51 last night and applied it to my gopro hero 6 that had 1.60 on it, and now it has rolled back to firmware 1.51. Guess what? The gopro has run all day long today with the battery inside it, and usb cable attached, without a single hickup. Hmmmm. I think we have Buggy Flawed Firmware GoPro Techs!