Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

hero 4 Session audio problems

[ New ]

I recently purchased a Gopro Hero Session (formly Gopro Hero 4 session).... and everything works great, except the audio of anything I record cuts out about every 10 seconds. It just misses about 2 seconds of audio about that time mark. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: hero 4 Session audio problems

[ New ]

Hello @spiryflame73378

It is really odd for the audio to not get recorded continuously with the video. Is something observed with all video files? How did you go about recording? Did you use QuikCapture? If you have not done it yet, try a manual update of the camera, even if it is already with the latest firmware. This is to ensure that errors with the current installation are cleared out. 

Let instructions under Manual Update detailed in this article guide you. Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card like what we have on this list, and that the camera is charged to at least 50% before starting the update. Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @spiryflame73378

It is really odd for the audio to not get recorded continuously with the video. Is something observed with all video files? How did you go about recording? Did you use QuikCapture? If you have not done it yet, try a manual update of the camera, even if it is already with the latest firmware. This is to ensure that errors with the current installation are cleared out. 

Let instructions under Manual Update detailed in this article guide you. Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card like what we have on this list, and that the camera is charged to at least 50% before starting the update. Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Adventurer

[ New ]

What you are saying a 60 second clip started out at ten seconds the sound faded out and picked back up again and repeated this till stopped.  

What were the  conditions, was it windy. was the frame incorrectly installed. can you post a video   of just a room you saying whatever for a  minute to youtube, or other hosting site here..... and the tema and us members can help determine its an issue with the camera and not you?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hey, thank you folks. I downloaded Quik for thd desktop to try and update firmware. The video clips play back fine through Quik. So everything seems fine now so far! I'll get back on with more information if I continue to have problems. Thank you again. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Feel free to post if you need more help @spiryflame73378!

Thanks, 

-Jay