Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: heating problem

Gear 360 2017 I own took five cameras to get a proper working one. Over heating due to enclosed camera. Your car does not over heat because it’s properly cooled

So rather burn up the cam. GoPro set the shut off level low. They can raise it a few degrees to stay on.

For yi claiming I am a cooler cam 145 degrees. It works. Here in the cold my phone shuts down. What do I do. It’s 40 degrees.
Highlighted
Tourist

Okay, I have read the thread, and I maybe I missed it but I don't see a solution. 

Camera is set at 1080 / 60.  Sandisc Extreme Pro Card 64 Gb, V30, A2

Camera was too hot to even touch.  Air temp is 65 degrees.  

Battery only lasted 45 minutes.  

Software is up to date.

I worked with all kinds of cameras vbefore and never experienced this extreme heat like this? 

Sincerely worried, as mentioned before, that it's gonna burn out the CPU? 

Help!?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @troll416,

May I know if you already tried updating the firmware manually?

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

Check manual update step posted on that website. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello @graytree76514 

The Firmware is Version1.70.  Quick says it's up to date. 

Any suggestions?

This is my first GoPro.  So I have no previous experience with them  to know what is normal or not.  I just know the camera was very hot to touch after doing a bettery test with the previously mentioned settings:  1080 / 60, Linear, Low lIght Off, Stabilization Auto, Protune Off, WiFi off.  I used a SanDisk Extreme Pro SD Card with 64 GB, V30 / U3 / A2 settings.   I have since gone back to the SanDisk 32 GB, V30/U3/A1 card that GoPro sent with the camera purchase.  I am still experineceing a very hot camera and 45 minute battery life.   I will say that I am not seeing the camera shut off from overheating, but it feels like I could cook an egg on it. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I bought a hero 7 recently and there was a £9 difference from one sd cart to another that was double the memory so obviously I bought the one with double the memory. I haven’t even been recording in 4K, however, I was worried that my camera was extremely hot. Outside temperature was 18 degrees Celsius.
This is ridiculous.
Highlighted
Tourist

GoPro must acknowledge there is a problem. My batter life is terrible. I bought the hero 7 because it has image stabilisation for video.
The Hero Black 5 I have never got hot. Battery life wasn’t bad either.
I downloaded the latest updates through the app but I am very worried the hero 7 will explode.