Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

hdmi hero8black off center

[ New ]

I just opened my Hero8Black today and hooked it up to my ATEM Mini Pro for live stream and there is a black line down the left side of the image coming from the camear, almost looks like a 15:9 image with the left edge being the missing part... it changes with changes in the Lens (Superwide, wide, linear, narrow). Narrow and Superwide match, wide and linear are the same... it looks like the video is skewed to the right.

You can see in the attached image, the white line is the edge of the viewable image coming from the camera, the frame is 16:9... that black line down the side is what I don't see on the Hero7Black I have...

Any help?

IMG_2032.jpg
Tourist

Re: hdmi hero8black off center

[ New ]

Here is the image from the Hero7Black, no black line down the middle on the left...

IMG_2033.jpg
Sightseer

[ New ]
I’m having the same issue with the non-pro atem mini. Only input 1 on the atem gives a full 16:9 display. Inputs 2-4 all cut off on the left side.
Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro had me send in the Media Mod... haven't received the replacement unit back yet... that's good to know that it works on one but not the others... I didn't even think to test that so... I'll get back on here once I receive the new unit...

Sightseer

[ New ]
Interesting. Curious to know if that fixes the issue. My media mod acts strangely when I turn on the GoPro- the screen flickers off and on a few times before it settles down. Wasn’t sure if that was normal or not.