Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Backpacker

h8 - hypersmooth - jerky, robotic, shaking, not at all - what have all in common... speed (gyro)

[ New ]

hi all,

just bring together these three posts.

@oliverz513 

@mfoo

@droogles @rick9k @ls5540  

@moscowplus @fishycomics 

all these have something in common - speed

maybe is the gyro that does not behave after high acceleration/deceleration.

I remember back in time gopro karma grip was not recommended for motorcycle - loss of horizon 

Tourist

Re: h8 - hypersmooth - jerky, robotic, shaking, not at all - what have all in common... speed (gyro)

[ New ]

So for my application the Hero 7 works fine as stated by dozens of pilots. And as the Hero7 does not work with Reelsteady, I guess that could be gyro related.

Ive seen footage looking acceptable, think running fw 1.50. Is there a way to get an older fw or did anybody already tested that?

GoPro

Re: h8 - hypersmooth - jerky, robotic, shaking, not at all - what have all in common... speed (gyro)

[ New ]

Thank you, @robert1326. We will pass this along to the team. 

Backpacker

[ New ]

thank you @mariustanya !!!!

appreciated!!!

have a good one.

robert

Highlighted
Backpacker

[ New ]

hi,

@mariustanya 

I'll add here the slow panning issue.... because somehow I think are all related

@srdncs @blognok @aragon1006 @fishycomics @irishmanpdx  

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Panning-Issue-on-Gopro-Hero8/m-p/619781

I repeated the test with a slow continuous panning, and yes those jumps are here.

4K 25fps L and W , boost, high bit rate

as in all my chopstick tests, the chopstick is fixed on the camera under the lens and I marked in title the middle of the frame to have a reference.

https://youtu.be/glNuDpzolV8

thank you,

robert

gopro hero 84K @ 25fpsLinear and Widehypersmooth boostcontinuous slow panning (panorama)jumping frames.
GoPro

[ New ]

Got it, @robert1326. This is noted. A ticket has already been created for the issue. We will keep the threads posted once we have new information from the team. Some users may have already been asked to share their original footage showing the issue. Thanks again!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi.

Although there are several threads now, I want to share my latest observations here.

I followed the advice of support, reset and manually upgraded to 1.70.75 without any success.

I also flew back to back with a Hero 7 with sobering results: https://youtu.be/KByxvjtT72U

both cameras running equal settings, Hypersmooth showoff...Hero 8, 2.7K, 60FPS, fw 1.70.75 Hero 7, 2.7K [4:3] unfortunately, 60FPS, wide, fw 1.80
Tourist

[ New ]

Any update on this?