Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

gopro9から劣化させずQuickアプリに画像を取り込みたい

[ New ]
A10チップ以上かつiOS11以上のiPadだかQuickアプリに取り込むとh.265からh.264に落ちる。
h.265ままで取り込みかつQuickアプリのフレームの水平(揺れ補正)を利用したい。
どのようにすれば劣化しないでQiuckアプリに取り込み水平を使うことができるのか教えてほしい。

なおPCからQuickアプリに取り込んだmp4は水平が表示されなかった。
Tourist

Re: gopro9から劣化させずQuickアプリに画像を取り込みたい

[ New ]
すみません画像ではなく動画です。
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greenlight83225

What resolution are these videos on? Was it a 5K or a 4K recording?

Were you able to transfer the files to the app?

Are you doing a single or a multi-clip edit?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
It is 4k60fps.
I was able to capture the video, but it is h.264 at 4k60fps.
Single clip editing.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

So:
When you take the media 4K/60 from SD card to computer you'll have the HEVC file, I checked that in QuikTime.

When it goes through the app without any edits, I'm not sure if once saved to phone it's still HEVC.
Because when I airdrop the file from my phone to the Mac to check, I know it's been converted - So I can't know at the moment.

However, I do know that as soon as you edit the media - add a filter, color, sticker, use horizon leveling, it does go through the engine and the file is converted.
So yes I wouldn't be surprised if it's then H264 and not HEVC anymore after you apply horizon leveling to it, it goes through a bit of conversion so it won't be the exact same file - file size is a bit lower and bitrate as well, which is the normal compression of the edited file in Quik App.
GoPro

[ New ]
How do you know that the file is now H264? How do you check actually? If you have a tool, I'm interested to know :) Because air drop from phone to mac you can't be sure it's the same file, as it gets converted.
Hiker

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:
How do you know that the file is now H264? How do you check actually? If you have a tool, I'm interested to know :) Because air drop from phone to mac you can't be sure it's the same file, as it gets converted.

You can simply check by the filename. If your video file name begins with the GX.....01 = HEVC (h.265), if the filename GH......01= h.264

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
I see, but not necessarily actually.
I've saved the file from camera to app, then saved to phone.
Then I airdropped the file from phone gallery to Mac > Open it in QuickTime it says H264. But the name is still GX.
Because the airdrop process has probably converted it to H264 so it's not HEVC anymore.
What I suppose is - if you do any kind of edits, I know it's converted, so I would say it's H264.
What I don't know is - if I save from app to phone without doing any edits, does it stays HEVC.
I'm waiting to know more, I've asked our backend team.