Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

gopro7 recognised as MTP USB device

[ New ]

I have tried to connect my gopro7 black to laptop and it is recognised as mtp usb device. I  have tried solutions suggested in other posts: unisntalled the driver and device, tried to update it manually (as in utube video), restarted my laptop, tried another SS usb cable, tried it on another laptop but nothing worked. Ofcourse i cannot use quick software as well: cannot import files from the camera.

Accepted Solutions
Explorer

Re: gopro7 recognised as MTP USB device

[ New ]
Your best option is to just use a USB/SD adapter and just plugging the card into the computer. However, if your computer is recognizing the camera (It's supposed to see it as MTP) then Quik should be able to see the camera and download your media. Try a different USB port and/or cable if possible. If you contact GoPro Support they will walk you through trouble shooting, but again, you are better off using an adapter.
You can reach out to the GoPro Support Team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

View solution in original post

All Replies
Explorer

[ New ]
Your best option is to just use a USB/SD adapter and just plugging the card into the computer. However, if your computer is recognizing the camera (It's supposed to see it as MTP) then Quik should be able to see the camera and download your media. Try a different USB port and/or cable if possible. If you contact GoPro Support they will walk you through trouble shooting, but again, you are better off using an adapter.
You can reach out to the GoPro Support Team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Adventurer

[ New ]

GoPro does not offer  drivers on thesite, if htey did, I wonder if it work?

Sightseer

[ New ]

tried all the above daniel. none work. also tried to make a support ticket but apparently i cannot during none working hours :S

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @nikop3648. Make sure that you contact Support within the hours of operation specified in the contact page. Should you get any error message, try using a different device (computer or mobile phone). Clear cache on your browser, use a different browser or an incognito browser. You may also change the location to the US (if not yet) to get connected. 

If you choose to request a callback, you will be given a case number. If you do not receive a call in a few minutes' time, please provide us the case number so we can use it to follow up with Support. Thanks!