Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

gopro won't charge

[ New ]

Just bought a new GoPro Hero8 Black yesterday. Tried to charge it using a couple of different methods (usb into computer, usb into different wall outlets, different batteries). It didn't seem to charge. I left it on the wall charger all night long. Came down and both red lights were on and the GoPro wouldn't turn on. I took out the battery, put it back in, and turned it on. The battery was only at 64%. Leaving it charging for 12 hours gave it 44% of a battery charge. Do I have a defective unit?

Tourist

Re: gopro won't charge

[ New ]

I just did a factory reset in the settings and switched batteries. When I turned it back on after the reset the battery showed 28%, then immediately dropped to the 13% that it was at before the reset.

Version 1.60

Tourist

[ New ]

Also, while leaving it plugged in, it will randomly beep and turn on by itself. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@craigc1264, sorry to hear about the trouble. The power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: HERO8 Black - Will Not Power On

Let us know how it goes.

Tourist

[ New ]
I’ve done all of those and now reached out to support. They will be sending me a new camera.
GoPro

[ New ]

@craigc1264, thanks for posting back with an update. Glad to hear that our Support Team was able to assist you. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up.