Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

gopro plus and big files fails

having issue with big files: it upload, but don't appear in my cloud gallery. chat support just pushing me stupid template tips.

photos and short videos upload normaly from cam, but if i shot 10m 2.7k 60fps, it video upload complete from cam, but not appear in cloud.

here is part of chatting with support:

( 1h 8m 37s ) Visitor: the question is "why my camera not upload big videos using internal feature"
( 1h 8m 57s ) Michelle: Because it can't be able to upload large files.
( 1h 9m 40s ) Visitor: what? please mark docenation or manuals to prove it
( 1h 10m 2s ) Visitor: why it is not listed on site when i buy camera?
( 1h 10m 19s ) Visitor: please give a link for this limitations
( 1h 10m 40s ) Michelle: That is why I would recommend to use wired connection.

lol, as you can see support advice me using wired connection for upload media from camera and also sais that it is imposible to upload large files! 

How i can get skilled support?

agent help fail-1.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: gopro plus and big files fails

Hi @superyarik

The 10 minute video should import.

How are you importing to Plus? Is it via gopro.com, auto-upload, or the GoPro app (mobile/desktop)?

I have a 22-minute video uploaded successfully through auto upload.

Also a 16-minute video via the GoPro app.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Explorer

I thought about jumping into this discussion, but after reading the way you treated the GoPro rep, I'm deciding to stay out. I get that you are frustrated, but your attitude towards others is pretty atrocious.

BTW, just finished auto uploading four videos each 3815.43 MB or greater.
Highlighted
Tourist

forget to say that it is 3rd conversation with gopro support, all time thay just pushing me template useless solutions.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @superyarik. Did the camera give you a confirmation of a successful upload to the cloud? Make sure that you are logged into the proper account and try uploading footage through the web gallery or gopro.com . See how to add media to GoPro Plus here https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Plus . This will allow you to see if the footage shows up in your gallery.

Check as well if the video has chaptered files. Chaptered videos cannot be uploaded successfully to the cloud because the cloud does not yet recognize the multiple chapters being part of the same video. There is information on chaptering here https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/GoPro-Camera-File-Chaptering-Information for your reference. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

yep, i see that camera upload it, loading indicator show it, for example if i have one short video and one long, i see uploading of 2 items. then i see that upload complete and if i trigger manual upload it says that no media for upload. But finaly in cloud i see only one short video.

Highlighted
Tourist

today i upload 11 sec video via web and not see it in galery, upload again and got message "The media you're uploading already exists in your media library." ...

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @superyarik

Sorry for any troubles caused.

We are getting some reports regarding Plus uploads and this has been shared to the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej