Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

gopro max freezing

go-pr max freezing in windows explorer while trying to export, tried diff cables, uninstalled driver just get not responding, works ok if take sd card out and put in usb adapter, but not from gopro max itself . thanks in advance

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: gopro max freezing

Don't try to read/watch the media while it's still on the card. Transfer it over to your computer. Having a SSD drive for higher resolution & frame rate video will also help.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks i tried that, soon as i click on file to drag or copy get blue spinning circle and explorer window not responding, this happens in explorer nothing to do with exporter software... thinking mtp issue with camera ???

Highlighted
Tourist

UPDATE !!!!

So explorer and basically all the problems occur when i have a .360 file present with no associated file type.. hero mode only video everything works perfectly. tried associating .360 to open with vlc player and hangs up again ??

Highlighted
Tourist

UPDATE 2

only having problems with new 3k 60fps files 5.6k 30fps files are fine ...

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @doraxplora. This may have to do with the 3K 60fps files not being supported by the current version of the GoPro MAX Exporter.

Since our focus is on bringing out the GoPro Player as soon as possible, we chose not to update GoPro MAX Exporter for 3K 50fps/60fps support.

If you are shooting with 3K 50fps/60fps, you will need the GoPro Player Beta2 to render the .360 file correctly. You can still use GoPro MAX Exporter for all the 5.6K modes.

If you haven't yet, sign up to be part of the Beta testing group so you can have access to the latest build/version of the Player. To start, please fill out the form at https://forms.gle/fJgfm982PUPbn23D7

Please note that there will be no automatic response. The form just puts you on the list of those who will receive the email when the update is sent out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi

Already have the beta 2 version, not making any difference just opening folder in explorer without any gopro software causes window to freeze... should the .360 3k have a file assocition when i open in exporer ? this seams to be the issue maybe 

Highlighted
Hiker

@doraxplora  ha scritto:

Hi

Already have the beta 2 version,

Smiley LOLSmiley Very HappySmiley HappyMan LOL

All this is absurd!!