Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro Community Manager

Re: gopro is frozen, it won't turn off, take pictures/ videos, or charge

[ New ]

@Anonymous - First thing I'd recommend is making sure the camera's firmware is up to date. I recommend doing a manual update. Instructions are at https://gopro.com/update/hero5_session.

If that doesn't fix the issues, please reach out to one of our Support reps at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

If anyone is using a Hero 5 Session, the way to force shut down is not by the SHUTTER BUTTON, you shut it down by the mode button switch, and hold it for 10 seconds. 

Anonymous

[ New ]
I have a gopro hero+lcd, its giving a trouble from few months.. I cant record video, it get stuck aftr starting video in few seconds and automatically stops the video without saving the video. And aftr it get stuck cant even turn off the camera too.. It tooks around 10 sec to turn off the camera by long long pressing the button.. I need help....
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@Anonymous - If you've checked to make sure the SD card is compatible with the camera, the next step would be to contact our team at https://gopro.com/help/PKBContactus. We'll be glad to troubleshoot these issues with you.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous

[ New ]

Menu button for 8 sec works

Adventurer

[ New ]

Most freezes are of the SD cards we use they  buffer, and gopro does not like buffering, so it hangs and freezes.   We also do not like buying a very expensive card, so we use  the cards we got or  buy one's that we think may work.  

I  make sure the card you got is  a fast card and the right card. everyone uses their own peronal brands I use two PNY and Sandisk top ends..

FISH

Anonymous

[ New ]

Worked for me! Smiley LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

My camera mode button stopped working the other day and I couldnt do anything with the camera. I tried the shutter button reset as instructed by GoPro and problem solved! Phew thanks.

Anonymous

[ New ]
My Gopro Hero plus +lcd just froze during the recording burst,i also tried holding the shutter button for 11 seconds and nothing happened!What can i do with my camera because it isn't the same like hero 4 and 5?I need help!