Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

gopro hero8 underwater

so this would be my second replacement, sadly both cameras have malfunction in water (less than 5 feet of water) the first one was used only 6 times in water and out of those 6, 4 times the battery drained and it turned off and required cooling time plus a day or so until it turned on. The second replacement I only placed it in water for a minute! and it turned off and would start. And so now I will get a 3rd one and im frankly scared or even using it in water and that is the main purpose of why I wanted that camera. So to be honest my experince has been very dissapointing, I would have prefered a refund and this point and simply sell the added accesorries I ordered but I can no longer ask for a refund...

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: gopro hero8 underwater

Hello @lizmarya122. Sorry to hear about what happened. So long as all camera doors are closed, the HERO8 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without housing. We want to look at what happened to see how we can help. Please contact our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.