Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: gopro hero7 black RANDOMLY STOPS RECORDING

[ New ]

Hi there! I am having the same issue as @jiahez48046 ! When one hits record from the app it will stop recording after less than an hour despite full battery, SD card, etc. There is no isssue if I hit the record button manually on the unit itself, only if I do it through the app. Any idea when this issue will be resolved? 

I'm an entertainer, so it's nice to be able to hit record from the backstage area using the iphone app, but it has stopped recording on me multiple times! Guess I'll just have to hit record on my GoPro 7 till they get this figured out? 

Thanks! 

Tourist

[ New ]

It seems they don't care about this problem. I haven't solved this problem yet. Sometimes even you press the button, the camera will still stop recording. (1 out of 30) I think I will contact the support to see if they can change a new one for me. I bought mine 4 months ago.

Tourist

[ New ]

NO, I disabled the voice control. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried all I can do, not only did the complete format but also bought an SD card. It is not overheated at all. I think I will contact the support to see if they can change a new one for me.

Tourist

[ New ]

not working. I tried all I can do, update software, change SD card format, full format, disable voice control... It is apparently a camera hardware failure, I think I will ask them to change a new one for me.

Tourist

[ New ]

The probability of stop recording when using App control is 1/2. If only press the button to start recording the probability is reduced to about 1/20. It apparently is the hardware failure, I am going to see if they can change a new one for me.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @jiahez48046. Thank you for the constant update. Apologies for the delayed response. Since you have gone through recommended steps already, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance. 

When you connect with Support, please make sure you have the details of the camera, as well as the SD card that you are using. Have you also tried recording with the same setup except with the battery removed from the camera? the results/observations from this setup will be greatly helpful. 

You may also direct Support to this thread for reference. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @ronaldk27. If you have exactly the same issue as @iahez48046, and have gone through the recommended steps, please also contact our Support team for further assistance. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Have your camera, external power source, charging cable, mobile device and camera details handy. Thanks!