Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

gopro hero6 randomly turns on

My Gopro hero 6 black randomly turns on. It also sometimes starts recording by its self ive checked for an update but seen no update. To add to that i also reset the go pro and still no improvement. Please tell me what else i nedd to try as i will need this gopro for an important assignment next week.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: gopro hero6 randomly turns on

Hi @razzworks

Thank you for sharing the information. I experienced the same with my HERO6 Black where it turns on automatically.

Here's what I did: after doing the manual software update, I reset the camera to its factory settings.

I have noticed that this corrected the issue.

Kindly give these steps a try. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

Turn off "Wake on Voice".

Tourist

I'm having the same problem. It just started today for no reason. Voice control is off. Gopro has the latest update.
Backpacker

my Hero 6 used to turn itself on when you put it on charge, it was already on V2.01 but did another manual sofatware update with it yesterday & it seems fine now

Tourist

I yesterday I had exactly the same problem.
I presume that you have the GoPro app instaalled on your phone. If so, try the following...
It seems that not the camera but the phone is the root of all evils. :)
Try to disconnect the camera and also try to stop the camera wifi connection. If you can not do that, try to remove the camera from the GoPro app installed on your phone. In few words, try to disconnect in every possible way the camera from the phone.

Tourist

I turned off the Bluetooth on my phone and that has stopped the camera from turning on by itself but still haven't been able to sus out why it started doing it in the first place when it never used too before. Such is life 😁
Sightseer

I fixed my issue by doing Factory Reset on my gopro and I uninstalled and reinstalled the gopro app. Gopro has stayed off after I turn it on. So far so good.
Sightseer

*Correction after I turn it off it stays offf