Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

gopro hero+ LCD broken mount - light use

OK so I bought this go pro and it's been a bit of a pain with fussy SD cards and poor battery life so I've hardly used it.

Now I've used it on  a car dash board mount about 4 times and the plastic tabs that mount the camera are cracked and it is now really loose.

An action camera shoudld be able to put up with a bit more 'action' than just being mounted to a dashboard?! I cant replace the casing on an LCD+ ? 

I can see others have had this problem too. What's the solution please.

20181010_155913.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: gopro hero+ LCD broken mount - light use

Hello @foodbeast04

As the HERO+ LCD camera is integrated into the casing, any part that is broken would lead to a camera replacement. Please contact our Support team so they can look into options for you. You can reach the team via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 

Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks for the reply. 

That's not very good then is it! This is supposed to be a hardcore action camera that costs a lot more becuase it can take a bit of rough stuff, but then the camera has now failed because it was used a few times mounted to a go pro dashboard mount!?

I've spoken to an advisor, I'm afraid the solution offered is no good at all for me. Maybe I'll try another brand - I bought the go pro camera and accessories (expensive) becuase I thought they would last but they just haven't at all.

Thanks

Highlighted
Explorer

Epoxy or a little fiber glassing might give it some strength.