Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: gopro hero 7 silver battery problem

Hello I have the same problem . I did everything but it’s still the same
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi everyone. Happy new year to you all.
As per my earlier post. I returned my silver and upgraded to the black which worked fine. Just after the upgrade GoPro introduced the offer of the battery and charger for the same price so I ordered another black and return the first one to my local retailer.
This worked fine until Christmas Day when a fully charged battery was totally flat. Lucky I now had 2 batteries. It was the Chinese battery that was causing the problem. It happened again the next day with everything turned off. I did a manual update and charged it without the card inserted (after reading through several threads)
It has been okay since.
Regards John.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @swiftshore73142

Please try to format the SD card through the camera's menu. Preferences> Reset> Format SD Card

See if this makes a difference.

Also, please ensure that you are using a recommended charger.

Thanks for letting us know @snavenhoj

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,
I tried everything that you suggested. But still problem is continue. I couldn’t understand why?. I turned off everything( wifi,gps,voice control). Yesterday night the battery was %78 percent. This morning around 9:00 am when i turned on my GoPro I saw %54 percent battery level. For what my GoPro using battery?
Thank you.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @swiftshore73142

As this is not the usual behavior, please refer to the same store/channel you got the camera from (if this is a recent purchase)

You may also contact our Support Team for assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi
I contact with the support but they offer me to change the battery. But in GoPro 7 silver I don’t have any chance to change the battery.
And also I contact with your service in my country. They want to check the GoPro and they told me that they will execute some test and they will send the results and videos to GoPro support team. Still I am waiting . Thank you and I will give other informations after your authorized dealer will check my GoPro.
Highlighted
Explorer

Factory Reset the camera. You'll want to delete the camera from the app before connecting again. The camera continues to emit a Bluetooth connection to allow the app to look for it, for eight hours after the camera is turned off. This might be accounting for some of the battery drain.

Also, the most common source of battery drain is the SD card. Try removing the card prior to the factory reset, charge the battery completely, do not connect to the app, and then see if the battery drain remains the same.