Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

gopro hero 7 black screen goes black when i want to record

gopro hero 7 black screen goes black when i want to record

the screensaver is turned to 'NEVER', but still the screen turns off so that i cannot see what am i recording actually

also it is impossible to update the firmware - always an error

the overral product quality is very low, not worth the money.

constant harassment with messages that i am out of sd card space although i am not out of space. difficult to close those spam messages because the camera freezes when i try to close them. 

extremely bad product sold for 400 euro!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: gopro hero 7 black screen goes black when i want to record

Hi @stoutmesa13064

If the screen saver is set to NEVER, when the camera is recording, the screen dims after a minute but should not go off.

How are you trying to run the update?

It will be best to do it manually through this link.

Also, make sure you are using a recommended SD card.

Manual update usually clears out issues that may have been encountered with the previous installation.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

yes, dim could be a better word, but the result is the same - ONCE CANNOT SEE WHAT IS BEING RECORDED. this is rediculous! to charge 400 euro for a camera that is made to hide the recording from the user. how to disable this silly stupid dimming???

why do you bring up the sd card even? is the camera made to dim with certain sd cards and not dim with others? or just to divert the attention from the fact that we pay 400 for nonsense?

i am absolutely fed up with all the gopro! people, never buy gopro!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @stoutmesa13064

I asked about the SD card due to the information about your camera not updating.

The manual update was recommended to clear out the issue on your camera as it is not behaving as expected.

Should you continue to experience the same after the suggested step, you may contact our Support Team by phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

"camera behaving as expected" - expected by whom?

expected by the users? - the users hate this dimming and many complain about it, but updating the camera may not fix it unless you fix the firmware! have you fixed the firmware in regards of this? since which version is this problem removed if it is removed (i doubt it is removed).