Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: gopro hero 5 session discontinued? What about support and spare parts?

It depends on when it was manufactured. The first batch of HERO5 Session cameras were prone to freezing (especially during updates), over heating, and were more finicky with SD cards. The later release cameras are fine.
Highlighted
Tourist

How do I tell what one I bought?

Highlighted
Explorer

Do a manual update. If it hangs, you got one from the first batch.

There is a post buried somewhere in here that identified the serial number of the old vs new batch of cameras, but I can't find it.

Basically, if you don't have issues within the first few days, your gonna be OK. Where did you get your HERO5 Session? If you ordered from GoPro via the refurbished program, these are ok as well.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Well if that was true.....

I own two of em they do go at any ungiven time.. like my Iphone just went    it reached its End life.    go figure things do not last forever.. you  may call gopro  give theseriel number in they can tell you what batch it came from .  we can only say our opinions.

Highlighted
Tourist

My battery became dead all of a sudden....it hasnt been more than 2 years since i bought it....is there anything you can do about it?
Highlighted
Adventurer

If you plug in a powerbank can you   use the camera that wasy?  on a totally dead battery it may or may not allow?

https://www.creativeit.tv/gopro-hero-repair/

google it

Highlighted
Tourist

well this is incredibly dissapointing to learn about now. I've long thought the Session was the best of all the GoPros for those of us that wear it on baseball caps. The regular camera is just too big and heavy and far too noticeable when we are doing out sport, in my case, running aroung shooting stuff in IPSC. All this means is that when my camera dies I'll be out of the GoPro market and buying something else that is small. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @roberte7270

Should you need assistance on your Session camera we will still help you out as usual.

You may also reach out to our Support Team for troubleshooting.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej