Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

gopro hero 5 session discontinued? What about support and spare parts?

Hello. I would like to buy one of the last gopro hero 5 session still on sale at some department stores, but I have some doubts:

- I heard it's a great camera. Why it was discontinued?

- There will be technical support and spare parts availability? For how long?

- Is there any replacement model? Same size and features

Thanks!

Regards.

Nomad

Re: gopro hero 5 session discontinued? What about support and spare parts?

GoPro has adressed this in the past. Basically the session form factor did not sell well enough. Customers prefer the Hero form factor with the built in LCD. Thus the new line up is only made up of Hero cameras.

GoPro

Hi @gerardob83748

Replacement is still available and we still support those who have session cameras. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Hiker

Thank goodness Support will still, be offered! ... My only, issue is my Session5, mounted to the center of the handle bars of a YZ250F Yamaha and a CRF450R Honda, it seems to turn itself off on the 450 but not on the 250; I wonder if 'vibration' could be the reason. ? .. sorry, maybe not the right time or place for describing my 'situation'. ... Sure, sad that the Session is discontinued, apart my issue, I am very, happy with mine.

Hiker

Oops, I see, now, that my GoPros Session is a Hero4 Session.

Adventurer

that will be the chance you take  do you get one and hope support covers the  warranty on a discontinued Model. You may be best to call gopr and talk toa  sales market rep then on the forum and get the real answer out  there

Sightseer

It's just too bad that GoPro sent a cease and decist to RunCam for the Runcam 3. That was a mighty fine camera. I don't want to buy a camera that will eventually lose support since it is now discontinued. Will there be another Session on the horizon? Being that GoPro said that it didn't sell as well as the other models, that kinda cut out the FPV Acrobat drone market from their clients. I am disappointed that I have to now find an alternative.

I will keep looking at GoPro's inventory to see if they ever come up with a light weight GoPro that FPV flyers can use in the thin form factor.

Tourist

It didn't sell well enough because GoPro made a mistake of designing it as a throwaway. There are no spare batteries available and the unit is nearly impossible to dismantle without causing some kind of damage. Why would anyone spend $300 on something he'll have to discard after 2 years of intensive use?