Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

gopro hero 3 plus wifi update not working

Hi when I tried to update my wifi manually as I dont know the current wifi passcode I came across a problem that when I followed the instructions on the gopro website exactly and checked everything had been done exactly It still didnt work. I have tried using different SD cards, using the update folder instead of the files and also charging the gopro while updating. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Olli

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: gopro hero 3 plus wifi update not working

Hi @shane6

Please try to manually update your camera including firmware update. 

Go to this website: https://gopro.com/update/hero3_plus
Choose Update your camera manually and then choose Wifi and Firmware Update. 

After that follow on screen instruction. 

If you need assistance it would be best to contact GoPro Customer Support. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @rockycreek0653,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with that update. I would add a couple additional steps to make sure you are performing the update correctly. Make sure you are downloading the correct update as the page will default to the HERO5 Download. I would also reformat the SD Card to make sure you only have the one update on the SD Card then try again. Hope that helps!

Best,

Ryan

Sightseer

Hi @ryanv12566
I called go pro and they said they are releasing an update Soon (probably Monday) to fix this issue.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused,
Thanks
Olli
Sightseer

I'm having the exact same issue, so I hope they fix this soon as I was depending on getting the WiFi to work. I took a look at the extracted update.cmd file and it appears to be missing some commands. They are obviously having some kind of issue becuase it took several tries just to created the file to download, I kept getting a greyed out download button and I would have to start over again.

Sightseer

Yep I hope they fix it soon as i need it buy tommorow mid day, COME ON GOPRO!!!
Sightseer

Im having the same problem.

COME ON GOPRO

FIX THIS ASAP

#UNHAPPYCOSTUMER

Sightseer

STILL NOT WORKING.
alsso IT IS NOT POSIBLE TO DOWNLOAD THE FIRMWARE UPDATE
COME ON GOPRO
#UNHAPPYCOSTUMER
Tourist

Today is the fourth day of me desperately trying to get to run the update and to get a customer support guy to talk to me. But both things are just impossible. Now i´m at least calmed by the fact that it is not my fault. So I hope the problem is going to be fixed as soon as possible!