Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

gopro fusion lense damage

Hello, I´m really thinking about buying a gopro fusion.

But what could I do, if one lense will get a scratch or damage? 

Thank you for an answer.

Best regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: gopro fusion lense damage

That should be something that is covered; however, you should contact the GoPro Support Team to verify. If you use the chat feature you will be able to keep a copy of the chat session for your records just in case it does happen and you need proof that you verified the coverage. You can chat with GoPro support during their business hours here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

The lenses are pretty durable and scratch resistant but it is recommended to keep Fusion in it's protective case whenever it is not filming. Using the Fusion is similar to using the older Hero(4,3+,3,2) in the frame or outside of the waterproof housings.

The lens is not removable so you will want to avoid using it in situations where you think it might receive impact from objects or debris. If you think that your filming activities might cause your camera lens to get damaged, then you should consider adding GoPro Care https://shop.gopro.com/goprocare .

With GoPro Care you can get up to two separate replacement cameras if you experience damage to your camera, mount or accessory by accident.
Highlighted
Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Agree  the care pkg is  an option to think about?  get a sock or a lens cap kit, when they come out  with a replacement kit  you'll see them on the market, but are you willing to open up the camera and void your warranty for that.  gopro will  replace, not repair so best to be careful and not  drop or damage it. Like any camera out  there some are replacable some are not.

IMHO:

I am sure gopro thought of it but could not  work the outer lens on as   the forexample 220 degeeree needs a  clear view all aorund.  making the camera bulkierthen it is?

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks a lot for the answers.

Yes, I´m thinking about the care package, but I don´t know, if I caught a scratch while surfing (from a board, or from my zipper of the wetsuits or whatever), if this is ioncluding the carepackage or not (experience damage or not???).

Best regards 

Frank

Highlighted
Explorer

That should be something that is covered; however, you should contact the GoPro Support Team to verify. If you use the chat feature you will be able to keep a copy of the chat session for your records just in case it does happen and you need proof that you verified the coverage. You can chat with GoPro support during their business hours here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks a lot for the tipp Daniel. I will give this a try.

Best regards

Frank

Highlighted
Adventurer

I would thin any type of damage is covered. but like said it's Lenses and water that are the two major ones that may not be.

iLike a fog light that precise hit from a rock can break it.. a million to one shot, it happens.

Drone flying not protecting the lens, like drving behind a dump truck wit hsand.....

Yes  Call first chat second. you xan calm;y talk to them and express real feeling  then a chat.

Highlighted
Nomad

GoPro care does cover accidental damage. I have it on my Fusion and scratched the lens. I contacted GoPro and they sent me a replacement camera.