Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: gopro firmware 2.0 released

[ New ]

HI!

It would be nice to be under
https://gopro.com/de/at/update/hero8-black
could read detailed information about what the update to 2.0 really does!

- Webcam mode is clear so far

- "Compatible with DisplayMod" - wasn't that the case before?
What has changed here?

- HyperSmooth 2.0 "High" and "Boost" available for more video settings.
For WHICH video settings exactly? A list / table would be necessary so that one can compare whether this really works ...

- General bug fixes
What exactly?

Does the follow-up function with active HyperBoost finally work with fast movements / pans / cornering?

Unfortunately, one thing is certain - at the moment there are problems with the preview with the WiFi connection. That doesn't really work properly - see: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Connection-problem-with-Firmware-2-0/m-p/684009

Please give us this Infos!

Adventurer

[ New ]

@oliverz513 wrote:

HI!

It would be nice to be under
https://gopro.com/de/at/update/hero8-black
could read detailed information about what the update to 2.0 really does!

- Webcam mode is clear so far

- "Compatible with DisplayMod" - wasn't that the case before?
What has changed here?

- HyperSmooth 2.0 "High" and "Boost" available for more video settings.
For WHICH video settings exactly? A list / table would be necessary so that one can compare whether this really works ...

- General bug fixes
What exactly?

Does the follow-up function with active HyperBoost finally work with fast movements / pans / cornering?

Unfortunately, one thing is certain - at the moment there are problems with the preview with the WiFi connection. That doesn't really work properly - see: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/Connection-problem-with-Firmware-2-0/m-p/684009

Please give us this Infos!

Could not agree More.  Will they, no the team here is only dedicated to help troubled members.  as seen. they came in to answer to the troubles ver 2.0 has caused members   .  is it worth the update and troubles being caused, you have to ask, can you skip this version, wait for 2.01 2.10 they will always rename it to what you  think it will be and bam shock you with  whatever happened to ver 1.90???  oh gavto beta testers.

Nomad

[ New ]

Since some problems were only resolved after two manual updates of the Labs firmware 1.7 (why this is always necessary - even with 1.6 there was a problem with the factory firmware that was resolved after the manual update ... the Firmware only "burn in"?), I have now manually imported firmware 2.0 again. If the problems with WiFi persist and there is no improvement in Hypersmooth, I'll go back to 1.7 - the webcam function is as uninteresting to me as anything! What is important is WiFi and that I can easily establish a connection between 2 devices. Because it often has to work quickly on the go .... And the large files are also quite ok Smiley Wink

Tourist

[ New ]

My GoPro Hero 8 Black is no longer seeing QR Codes and I lost the personalized start up screen with my info. Anyone else have an issue in the last couple days?

Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue here! After updating it no longer recognizes QR Codes and lost my personalized startup screen.

Nomad

[ New ]

Maybe once reading the text at 1.7?! 2.0 builds on 1.6 and not 1.7 - so it is not a problem if QR etc. of 1.7 does not work anymore ....

Adventurer

[ New ]

Contact 0Dan0 and see what he says to that he was the man for firmware maybe he knows how to write a new one

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks!

This fixed it. I would suggest that GoPro should make the MTP as dault choice to keep existing workflow for all users. The name could be also more descriptive and this change should be documented in release notes and announcement for new firmware.

Those who want to use it as webcam can then go and change the option.