Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

gopro firmware 2.0 released

[ New ]

Oh boy  people ran they cried so badly for windows webcam and yet the site can handle the outcome   stuck on

001.png

Nomad

Re: gopro firmware 2.0 released

[ New ]

Thank you for this pleasant information!
Has anything been transferred from the 1.7 Labs firmware to the official 2.0 firmware?

I think the thing with the QR codes (especially the large files) is great!

GoPro

[ New ]

The improvements and fixes included in the HERO8 Black v2.0 are referenced in the Release Notes at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Software-Update-Release-Information/ta-p/394354 . 

Adventurer

[ New ]

Here is hte update  

NEW Latest release:
HERO8 Black v2.0 | August 27, 2020

HERO8 Black v2.0

NEW FEATURES

• Enables Webcam mode. For step-by-step instructions and desktop software, visit gopro.com/webcam.
  • Enables Display Mod compatibility.
  • Adds HyperSmooth 2.0 High and Boost to more video settings.

USABILITY IMPROVEMENTS

• General bug fixes.

@oliverz513   what I like to hear from @mariustanya  but points to the  release notes that say minimal.  they'll not include every single detail.

• Default preset mode
  • Superview  hypersmooth 2.0 boost in 4K,

Best yet red & blue spot on nightlapse @mariustanya   can you enlighten us @mariustanya  on this since Dec 2019, or was the webcam more important 

Nomad

[ New ]

Thank you for your information - that means that at least the gimmick with the QR code has not been adopted by the Lab 1.7 firmware in the 2.0 version. So if I want to continue using this, can I not upgrade to the 2.0 firmware?

Sightseer

[ New ]

I just updated mine.

Now my PC won't recognise it, not even when using Quik

My phone wont connect to it either.

Very unimpressed!!!!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have found a solution.

In connections set it to MTP instead of GoPro connect.

Nomad

[ New ]

I have now also updated and take a closer look at the FW 2.0.
I also had connection problems with the GoPro APP - I was able to control the camera, but don't see a preview ...
After I reset the camera to factory settings and the connection, stopped the APP on the mobile phone, emptied the memory and cache and set up everything completely new (new name, etc.) (watch out for frequency 2.4 or 5 Ghz !! !) it finally worked after switching it off / on several times. It was also important to delete the WiFi connection in the mobile phone and reconnect with the password!