Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: gopro firmware 2.0 released

I agree. Or simply pop that option up when connecting USB. Nearly any cheaper action-cam does that: If you put in USB it asks "PC Camera" or "Storage".

Highlighted
Adventurer

Why DJI "says" cancel, connect. and a windows prompt usb.....

GoPro  needs to   say to peopelwhat htey did they don't.  their famous words are   Firmware will fix it all.  well firmware will Mess it up for all..

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks!

setting the USB connection to MTP fixed it. I would suggest that GoPro should make the MTP as dault choice to keep existing workflow for all users. The name could be also more descriptive and this change should be documented in release notes and announcement for new firmware.

Those who want to use it as webcam can then go and change the option.

Highlighted
Adventurer

you can watch that eachday as gopro famous words are also check back for  updates. damage is done , 7 months for firmware they can release it in ver 2.01  but they are more interested in "Marketing"

Highlighted
Nomad

I would have liked to know what exactly has been improved in 2.0, apart from the webcam implementation ?!

Not only are there problems with the WiFi connection preview, Hyperboost is now even worse than before! I only tested 4k60fps with Hyperboost ON. in EVERY curve (regardless of whether you drive through at 20kmh or 60kmh, whether in a roundabout or just a long, shallow curve), not only is the tracking jerky / angular as known, the whole picture jerks / trembles! This happens with all clips (10 in total) - the recording was stopped and restarted in between, so not just "chapter clips". As usual, the stabilization is great on straight stretches and absolutely fluid without jerking! Sorry, but 1.7 was and is much better (and this have also errors ...)!

And I prefer support not with a manual update (I've already carried out twice - including a factory reset!) Or the wrong SD card (is a UHD 1 V30 SanDisk ...)!

Instead of adding new features, it would have been better to eliminate known errors, but not to reinforce them and add new ones!

Highlighted
Adventurer

Last official GoPro firmware is 1.60.   the newest firmware is Ver 2.00

Betaware is at FW 1.70.75

You're saying Oliver t ostick with FW 1.60, or goprolabs?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same probleme here with USB connection. (Windows 10). All worked fine until upgrade to 2.0. ok. I changed to MTP, but it was still not working. I had to use the freeware USBDeview to actually find both devices from the same vendor, deinstalling it, reconnecting - to make it work. Sometimes.

Currently I stuck as the device was found, also explorer sees the GOPRO HERO 8, but the datatransfer is very slow. To even get the directory of the GOPRO to copy it takes forever.

And of course the GOPRO App for Windows (Quik) is not working anymore..

What can I do to get back the performacne of before the upgrade.. is anyone from GOPRO even reading this?

Thanks

Michael

Highlighted
Nomad

@fishycomics I have tested the features that are important to me under 2.0 and see more of a deterioration but no improvement ... so I switch back to 1.7!