Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

gopro Hero7 pairs with app but unable to connect for updates or control

[ New ]

i have a brand new hero 7 black that will pair to the gopro app but after pairing it will not connect for updates or controls via my S20 ultra. it doesnt mater how many times i restest camra and unpair from my phone. all i get is a no device found error message with the gopro on right next to me and why does it get soo freaking hot?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: gopro Hero7 pairs with app but unable to connect for updates or control

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @jeepguyphx. If you haven't been able to install the camera's update through the GoPro App, using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article:https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

As for connecting your GoPro to the app, I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]
if someone from gopro sees this post and my reply comment. should recommend people to restart their android phone after installing app in the app because that would of saved me hours of headaches when trying to get the app to wok with my gopro and phone together
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @jeepguyphx. If you haven't been able to install the camera's update through the GoPro App, using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article:https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

As for connecting your GoPro to the app, I have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set.