Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

gopro 8 leaked on first use

[ New ]

I'm very disappointed! Received my new GoPro hero 8 this week and was very excited to try it out wild swimming only for water to ingress into the lens on first use! After taking it home and drying the camera I can't find where it's gone in at all, the battery compartment is completely dry as are the battery and micro SD which I'm reassured by because I double checked the battery door before I did a sink test at home and the camera also had a silicone cover over it which I would hope would only add to the waterproofing! The sound is very muffled in the video where I started experiencing video issues so I'm wondering if it somehow found a way in one of the microphones :(

Guess I'll have to get onto support next week when the online chat opens or does anyone have a UK phone number for them? Thank you!

Adventurer

Re: gopro 8 leaked on first use

[ New ]

two mic pin holes two drain holes a lot larger,   there is  a membraine in the drain hole.  fresh water let dry, but    you are best to have the plus plan first before  you chat as gopro will not cover  water damage. yours or their fault.  keep the site posted about their option offered you>

Sightseer

[ New ]

thankfully I did sign up for gopro plus before this so at the most I'm £80 down for the replacement, its just incredibly dissapointing, I was so looking forward to using my camera to share my adventures!

this is one of the videos where I started noticing the lens issue: https://gopro.com/v/1eBwKbqepP0Wz

Highlighted
Adventurer

[ New ]

well  at least you got a camera warranty a plus for you?