Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

gopro 7 white

[ New ]

Wondering - can i just film on gopro and put footage  on my phone and computer withou using the Quilk app- do I just uninstal the Quilk app? 

It annoys me that it slices the footage and i have to stop the music, I wear the chesty and i can hear my heart beat ! Also i have 2 sd for hoiliday one is 64gb the other is 32gb, would this be enough? I will be using for underwater footage, and i will keep on gopro disk until i get home. sorry i can not think about these things after work thanks for help.

Nomad

Re: gopro 7 white

[ New ]

The Quik app is a video editor for making short clips using the footage from your camera.  You can use the GoPro app (which combines quik) to transfer footage from your camera to your phone, but if you do this with entire clips it's going to take quite a long time and you're more than likely to lose connection with your camera during this process.

What you could do is get an SD card reader for your phone, then just remove the SD card from your camera at the end of the day and copy the files across to your phones SD card.  Just be aware that if you keep filling your 32GB card, you're going to need a fairly large SD card in your phone.

It's impossible to say if the 64GB and 32GB cards will be enough for your holiday as you haven't said what format you'll be shooting in, how many hours of footage you'll be recording etc.  When I go shooting with my camera, I usually bring a small pc (like a notebook or even a tablet) and a large portable hard drive to store my footage.  Backup is important, after all, if you record your whole holiday on an SD card and have an issue with that card, then your footage is all gone.

GoPro

[ New ]

@peg1964, agreeing with irishmanpdx. Quik for Mobile is a video editing app that you can use to create awesome videos with just a few taps. If you don't want the application to automatically "smart-cut" your footage, you can select to trim the clip and choose "Manual" from the options.

The GoPro App is needed so you can offload your contents from your GoPro camera to your mobile device. More info on how to view, copy and delete media in the app can be found here.

Alternatively, you can transfer your GoPro contents from your camera to a computer using the suggested steps indicated in the following articles:

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for all help still getting use to using this gopro - is it worth getting a lens for underwater? - The difference between the north sea and the med will be interesting- thank you again
GoPro

[ New ]

@peg1964, do you mean dive or lens filter for GoPro cameras? The HERO7 cameras provide great improvement to the overall color saturation, contrast detail, and image clarity of the camera. You can still use filters to further enhance the image quality of your underwater footage. However, we do not have filters for HERO7 White available at gopro.com. You might be able to find third party filters at various online retailers, but these accessories are designed by different manufacturers and we cannot attest to their products’ reliability.

Tourist

[ New ]

thanks for all your help- trying to get ready for hols now -