Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Explorer

Re: gopro 6 firmware update to gopro 7

Wow, just watched Casey's comparison with GoPro Hero7 Black. I know I'm biased, but IMO, GoPro slayed. Dynamic range on Osmo is absolutely terrible. What good is stabilization if highlights blown out (sky constantly) and subjects too dark (shadows at skate park), not to mention inconsistent and tinny audio. And with that, go back to my list and I'm really sad that people aren't calling out DJI more for these glaring issues. Not because I'm a GoPro fan, but this much hype for a clearly inferior product is just wrong and deceptive. Hopefully people really take a good look before making their buying decisions.
Hiker

@danielr15 wrote:
Wow, just watched Casey's comparison with GoPro Hero7 Black. I know I'm biased, but IMO, GoPro slayed. Dynamic range on Osmo is absolutely terrible. What good is stabilization if highlights blown out (sky constantly) and subjects too dark (shadows at skate park), not to mention inconsistent and tinny audio. And with that, go back to my list and I'm really sad that people aren't calling out DJI more for these glaring issues. Not because I'm a GoPro fan, but this much hype for a clearly inferior product is just wrong and deceptive. Hopefully people really take a good look before making their buying decisions.

Yes, and you MUST have a smart phone to activate it and the app, unbelievable !

All the videos on YT are paid promotion by DJI.

When the consumer gets their hands on it, then it will be interesting.

Explorer

Yes, but cognitive dissonance is strong. People hate to be wrong and interestingly enough, the more you show someone that something they believe in is wrong, the more firm they commit to their beliefs. Look at Donald Trump and his followers for a great example of this (apologizes to any Trump supporters).
Hiker

ohh err

Yes :-) 

Explorer

I have a friend who excitingly emailed me to tell me he ordered the Osmo Pocket. He is not technologically inclined whatsoever (he asked me to change his camera settings on his phone once and thought I was a genius for doing it). I didn't say anything negative about him making the purchase and gave him my hopes that he will enjoy it.

Just yesterday he emailed asking if I can help him set it up when it arrives because he just read that he needs to activate with the app first. For some people, this is a huge barrier. Even if the setup is seamless, it makes them nervous and anxious.
Hiker

@danielr15 wrote:
I have a friend who excitingly emailed me to tell me he ordered the Osmo Pocket. He is not technologically inclined whatsoever (he asked me to change his camera settings on his phone once and thought I was a genius for doing it). I didn't say anything negative about him making the purchase and gave him my hopes that he will enjoy it.

Just yesterday he emailed asking if I can help him set it up when it arrives because he just read that he needs to activate with the app first. For some people, this is a huge barrier. Even if the setup is seamless, it makes them nervous and anxious.

Makes you wonder what data DJI is taking everytime you connect to the phone ???

Those that have had DJI drones and done some research, data is being sent to multiple servers all the time.

Backpacker

@danielr15 wrote:

not sure if i missed it (just rewatched the video), but he never really gave a verdict on it. With the audio quality like that i can't see how it can be used as a vlogging camera

Explorer

No verdict. Casey doesn't want to lose getting goodies from DJI or face the wrath of the DJI fanboys.