Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: gopro 6 firmware update to gopro 7

[ Edited ]

@danielr15 @robindean

Cropping in on the sensor area is not "zoom".

You might have given GoPro the benefit of the doubt if you could perform the digital cropping DURING the actuall recording, but you can't. At least not on any of my GP1 powered Heros. ;-)

Nomad

@robindean - "Those that have had DJI drones and done some research, data is being sent to multiple servers all the time."

GoPro did the same thing during the obligatory log in on their user app. This was used to collect data on which GoPro models the users connected to the app i.e.

Adventurer

@agilestoke40735
Zoom - "You keep using that word, but I do not think it means what you think it means." I even went as far as to give you definitions. Sigh, hate all you want, you're just wrong. No problem. Good luck shorting GoPro's stock.
Adventurer

@agilestoke40735 wrote:

@robindean - "Those that have had DJI drones and done some research, data is being sent to multiple servers all the time."

GoPro did the same thing...

Nice whataboutism, LOL.  Those that have DJI drones and in the military know.  US military bans the use of all DJI drones for security purposes. No issues with GoPro cameras.

Nomad

@danielr15

Zoom during video recording - electronic or optical - means that you can alter the angle of view during the actual recording process.

Please don't present your own definitions or GoPro marketing talk as facts.

Hiker

@agilestoke40735 wrote:

GoPro did the same thing during the obligatory log in on their user app. This was used to collect data on which GoPro models the users connected to the app i.e.

Completly different, DJI are sending data all the time to multiple servers of flight data.

Hiker

@agilestoke40735 wrote:

@danielr15

Zoom during video recording - electronic or optical - means that you can alter the angle of view during the actual recording process.

Please don't present your own definitions or GoPro marketing talk as facts.

Yes you can do this with the hero 7, possibly others.

Highlighted
Nomad

@danielr15

What is your point? That american companies only uses their user collected data for "good purposes" whereas DJI is an evil chinese empire? At least DJI makes money selling drones and cameras. :-p

We shall return to this discussion after GoPro is sold to DJI, Xiaomi, Canon or whatever in january...