Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

go pro sound adapter has stopped working after one month of careful use.

[ New ]

Purchased a gopro microphone adapter, waited about three months for delivery (out of stock), now the adaptor has stopped working after a couple of uses. Have not changed microphones, they worked originally. Is this just a really bad product or is there a hack or third party piece of gear that I can use to get the gopro working with good sound again?

Adventurer

Re: go pro sound adapter has stopped working after one month of careful use.

[ New ]

Does the camera show N/A when its plugged in?

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks for replying. Found out from Utube that this is a firmware fault. I was using the quick record feature, rather than keeping the camera on. Apparently the software is glitchy and the mic adapter does not support quick record. You have to leave the camera on. I have also noticed that to get the camera to turn off sometimes I need to pull out the adapter first.

So.... Microphone adapters cannot be used with all features of the gopro. This should be publicized to prevent customer dissatisfaction I reckon.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Whaware are you on?

and Yes it can be used with Quick captire.,  As  it has been Improved. but still needs fixing. since you searched Youtube, did you search on here.    

becayse it does not worh the way you want it to you returned.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @loyalwater1146. You may use QuikCapture while using the mic adapter, but it depends on which type of external microphone you are using. See External Microphone Information with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor for more details. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

@mariustanya  Quick capter is rephrained to be used, the  Notes never mentions your company fixing it at all, and you the company wasasked that question and never responded or replied. 

@loyalwater1146   quick capture is still being evaulated for a fix. they have not yet mastered the camera .