Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

go pro session gets hot when charging and won't turn on

[ New ]

My children bought me a go pro session when I retired in 2017. I used maybe 10 or 12 times for short sessions. I recently bought a Side by Side and wanted to mount it to use while riding. I charged my go pro and was able to record with it and view the videos off of the card. I went on a long ride this morning and about 90 minutes into the ride during a 20 minute recording session it quit recording and the red recording light had quit flashing and went solid red. I could not to get it to turn off or on. I plugged it into a usb port to see if charging would help. All it did was get very hot. I unplugged it and left it mounted and continued to ride. After about an hour the red light went off on its on. When I got home from my ride I removed the card and put it into my laptop and was able to see all of the recordings prior to the light turning solid red. When I tried charging it again it got super hot. I read where it possible be because of the wrong type of card. I removed the card and tried charging it without the card and once again it got super hot. I let it completely cool down and tried it all again. Won't turn on and still gets hot with or without card.

GoPro

Re: go pro session gets hot when charging and won't turn on

[ New ]

Hi @tob61,

Sorry to know that. 

It would be best to contact GoPro customer support.

You can contact them by visiting this website: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

-Jay