Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

go pro is recording video too fast

I'm new to using a gopro 7 black, the last video I made the playback was really fast, like fast forward speed, how do I stay in normal mode? 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: go pro is recording video too fast

make sure you were filming a vid not time lapse or  timewarp, and also if you hit  speed  on playback ....  a video should not have speed unless you hit something on playback.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @johnw3743,

Probably you're on timelapse mode or timewarp.

Please change the mode to Video Mode.

Please let us know how it goes.

-jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

make sure you were filming a vid not time lapse or  timewarp, and also if you hit  speed  on playback ....  a video should not have speed unless you hit something on playback.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @johnw3743,

Probably you're on timelapse mode or timewarp.

Please change the mode to Video Mode.

Please let us know how it goes.

-jay 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you for your help I will try that today when I go hiking again. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

I really appreciate the input, I will surely check I'm still new and trying to figure it out, I'm going hiking again today and am going to pay attention to those features to make sure they are turned off or the settings are better for filming. 

Highlighted
Adventurer

the video will clearly tell what you chosen, if  you  review the file to posting up a shot  the site can say yep you did that.  but if it is a real to make sure the player is not the culprit. upload to Youtube , private and watch, plays normal the player  ramped it up. if in the camera then tis a timelapse if you are  with say 5X speed almost look like its smooth in motion.  so yeah before you head out, I check it all, then when out you can pay attention. Just me.