Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

go pro hero5 session screen not working

hi the screen for my gopro heor 5 is not working, I turned it on one day and i know it works a it still makes the beeping noise but nothing comes on the top screen what should I do 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: go pro hero5 session screen not working

Hello @snowymesa7544

Has the camera experienced any impact that may cause the screen to not work? If you have not done it  yet, try manually updating the camera and see if it resolves the issue. You can find instructions below: 

1. Go to the HERO5 Sesison update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. If this does not work, please get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 

Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: go pro hero5 session screen not working

Hello @snowymesa7544

Has the camera experienced any impact that may cause the screen to not work? If you have not done it  yet, try manually updating the camera and see if it resolves the issue. You can find instructions below: 

1. Go to the HERO5 Sesison update page.
  2. Under "Other ways to update" at the base of the page, click "Update your camera manually."
  3. Enter your Serial Number and other requested information, click Next Step.
  4. Click "Download Update."
  5. Click "Click here to download firmware."
  6. Follow the steps on the screen for detailed instructions for your operating system.

Make sure that your camera is fully charged and that the SD card is formatted prior to updating. If this does not work, please get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. You can reach them here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks, 

Marius