Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

go pro hero 9 randomly turned off

[ New ]

So, I got my go pro today, after setting it up for around 2 hours, it worked. I first tried it on my dog, with the dog harness, It was fine, untill about 30 minutes when It randomly turned off, I taped the screen, It turned back on at 50%, but I noticed it was really warm, I assumed it was just because my dog happened to be really warm, as he has a lot of fur. Around five minutes later, It turns off again, this time not turning back on, It was really warm, (also this was inside my house not outside, and It's 72 D in here.) After I assume that It ran out of power, and I need to charge it, It didn't put up a red dot, (showing that it's charging) like last time. I wait a hour, after trying to unplug, take everything out of the camera in and out, nothing worked. I just got this camera today, along with 400 usd of other stuff, and I'm not the happyist person on earth right now, I thought the camera would be better then this, but I guess not.

GoPro

Re: go pro hero 9 randomly turned off

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @propy. The power or charging issue in the camera can be related to either the charging fault, charging cable, battery problem, or the camera itself. Here are some troubleshooting suggestions that will help resolve this issue: GoPro Camera Will Not Power On

If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

Re: go pro hero 9 randomly turned off

[ New ]

Thanks! It works now and I'm thrilled.