Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

go pro hero 9 quality in post

[ New ]

So i bought a hero 9 for motovlogging purposes. When i load the sd card into my pc the quality looks great and the video quality is as expected. However when i go to edit the video and render it the quality becomes pixelated and horrible during editing and after the render. I have tried Filmora 9, Sony Vegas and Adobe Preimere Pro and the quality of the edited videos is always bad. Is this a video editing issue? and if so i dont understand what im doing wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

GoPro

Re: go pro hero 9 quality in post

[ New ]

Hi @rockmetal465

It can also be on the render/export settings used.

Posting videos to social media sites can also affect the quality. These platforms have their own requisites when it comes to uploading content. 

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

I would definitely check the video editor settings. I have used Kdenlive and DaVinci Resolve to edit the videos from my GoPro Hero8 Black and the video quality is superb, so it isn't the camera. I would suggest finding official forums for your preferred video editor and posting the issue there.

Backpacker

[ New ]

On the export settings, don't use the presets such as "YouTube" etc.  Instead manually set your export settings for 1080P or 4K or whatever your preference is.  Make sure you are using a high bit rate, using a CBR (constant bit rate) will offer better results also, but will increase file size and render times.  

Tourist

Rif.: go pro hero 9 quality in post

[ New ]

I use the GoPro 9 on moto either and I had the same issue: try with the following steps

1) set high bit rate in GoPro

2) using Filmora, upon exporting the file go to settings and set highest quality

3) if you publish on YouTube, wait for one day after publication to watch the video in HD or 4K

Nomad

Rif.: go pro hero 9 quality in post

[ New ]

Agreed. YouTube does a re-render of the video as part of its processing (SD + HD, copyright checks), so it's best to wait until this processing is finished and then go back to view the videos on YouTube.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks for the replies, I looked into my export settings and thats where the problem was It was rendering to 720p and the bit rate was really low. I appreciate helping me out.