Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

go pro fusion studio not loading

[ New ]

I have had this GoPro fusion for about 18 months, and the main reason I don't use it more is because it just too finicky cumbersome. 

About 1/3 of the times when I turn the camer on outside, everything looks very blue.  I have to turn the camera off, and turn it on again.  Publishing to Google Streets is NOT EASY and there STILL isn't a consistent workflow.

I decided to bring out the camera and do some work with it.  The IOS (iPad, iphone) still work, but Fusion studio 1.3 is not working.  I plug by GoPro Fusion in and the USB symbol shows.  However, it no longer launches the program automatically (This IS Set in the preferences). 

I am using it on a mid 2018 15" macbook pro running Catalina 10.15.3 and my expectation is that it works as advertised.

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: go pro fusion studio not loading

[ New ]
About 1/3 of the times when I turn the camera on outside, everything looks very blue.  I have to turn the camera off, and turn it on again.
Since the GoPro Fusion doesn't have a color LCD display, the only way to see anything "blue" would be through the live stream via the app.  This is going to be a very low quality, unprocessed, non color graded stream.  So it may look "blue" but the finished shot should not be blue.  As suggested, try updating the firmware to 1.4.

Publishing to Google Streets is NOT EASY and there STILL isn't a consistent workflow.

I upload to Google Streetview on a regular basis and it's very easy (and consistent). 

A:  Record photo's or video's

B:  Stitch photo's or Video's using GoPro Fusion Studio.

C:  Upload photo's or video's to Google Street View using Trailblazer (https://www.panoskin.com/trailblazer)

D:  Repeat.

I plug by GoPro Fusion in and the USB symbol shows.  However, it no longer launches the program automatically (This IS Set in the preferences). 

If autolaunch isn't working, it's due to the fact that Catalina 10.15.3 is stopping the auto launch when the USB Device is connected.  Have you contacted Apple about this?

Also working with your footage directly from the camera is a terrible way to work as it slows down the stitching and rendering process by up to 3/4 overall.  Also the more footage you have on the camera, the longer it will take Fusion Studio to try and create thumbnails and previews for every file and this also results in a timeout (and this is why you see the splash screen but then don't see any files).  

Here is a helpful video to show you the best (and fastest) way to work with footage from your GoPro Fusion.

https://youtu.be/TmMKzjPK3g8

View solution in original post

In this video I show you the best and quickest way to work with GoPro Fusion Studio. This actually applies to all GoPro's really. It's always better to cop...

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

To continue...

I launch the program MANUALLY and it starts, but when I click the Browse Camera Media button, it prentends to browse camera media,  but it after some impressive and obviously expensive graphics, it returns to home screen.  I don't remember spending $400 for the camer to obtain a program that has impressive animations, I do expect more.

I have rebooted my computer, camera, deleted the Fusion Studio program and reinstalled (it hasn't been updated in nearly TWO YEARS).  The camera is also up to date (1.8).  I have learned to become frustrated with GoPro, but quality was worth it.  This product is trying my patience.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @dynsightcjb. If you have not tried it yet, update the Fusion camera to v2.0 and the Fusion Studio to v1.4. 

Details are at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Fusion-2-0-Beta-Update-for-your-GoPro-Fusion/ta-p/394248 . 

After the updates, try loading media through the Fusion Studio App again. If you observe the same issue, please let our Support team know so they can assist you further. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for the info.  I did the firmware update and the Fusion Studio.  I have a nice expensive splash screen, but the same problems.  I am not surprised.  GoPro has always been more interested in Splash and image than in actual functionality.   I will wait for a more useful response, or any offers for a fairly decent camera of limited use.  I would consider updating to the Max, but I would only get $100 off, AND more importantly, there is no guarantee that they will support THAT product any better than they supported the fusion.

Nomad

[ New ]
About 1/3 of the times when I turn the camera on outside, everything looks very blue.  I have to turn the camera off, and turn it on again.
Since the GoPro Fusion doesn't have a color LCD display, the only way to see anything "blue" would be through the live stream via the app.  This is going to be a very low quality, unprocessed, non color graded stream.  So it may look "blue" but the finished shot should not be blue.  As suggested, try updating the firmware to 1.4.

Publishing to Google Streets is NOT EASY and there STILL isn't a consistent workflow.

I upload to Google Streetview on a regular basis and it's very easy (and consistent). 

A:  Record photo's or video's

B:  Stitch photo's or Video's using GoPro Fusion Studio.

C:  Upload photo's or video's to Google Street View using Trailblazer (https://www.panoskin.com/trailblazer)

D:  Repeat.

I plug by GoPro Fusion in and the USB symbol shows.  However, it no longer launches the program automatically (This IS Set in the preferences). 

If autolaunch isn't working, it's due to the fact that Catalina 10.15.3 is stopping the auto launch when the USB Device is connected.  Have you contacted Apple about this?

Also working with your footage directly from the camera is a terrible way to work as it slows down the stitching and rendering process by up to 3/4 overall.  Also the more footage you have on the camera, the longer it will take Fusion Studio to try and create thumbnails and previews for every file and this also results in a timeout (and this is why you see the splash screen but then don't see any files).  

Here is a helpful video to show you the best (and fastest) way to work with footage from your GoPro Fusion.

https://youtu.be/TmMKzjPK3g8

In this video I show you the best and quickest way to work with GoPro Fusion Studio. This actually applies to all GoPro's really. It's always better to cop...
Sightseer

[ New ]

Go Pro Fusino 1.4 Not working I also got that camera when it was like $700 or so si it would be nice to still have a way to edit videos coming out of that camera

Nomad

[ New ]

Unfortunately the GoPro Fusion and it's software have been discontinued by GoPro at this point.  As o/s gets updated every year, the chances are that the GoPro Fusion Studio will just become more and more unstable.

If you're using a Mac, the Big Sur update renders Fusion studio 1.4 unusable, however people have reported earlier versions of GoPro studio still work.

If your running Windows, then your only option (if you still want to use the Fusion) is to build a PC with an older O/S and specifically have it for running Fusion Studio (which seems a waste).

Your other two options are use the Quik App for Android or IOS (which still support the Fusion) but your out put will be limited to 1080P reframed video.  Or upgrade your Camera.